Wednesday, December 10, 2008

On this day...

Six years ago I was 9 months pregnant and about to explode... I looked like a beached whale... Many people would come up to me and say are you sure you aren't having twins... And I would come down from my hormonal ledge and say no... I am having (1) boy. But I had just found out it was boy one month before he was born. It took us 3 times and almost the whole pregnancy to find out what we were having. We knew from the beginning that there was just one, baby that it. What sex, who knew?! Who cared?! He/She was healthy and HUGE!!

And he continues to be huge!

But on this day six years ago I gave a campus tour. YEP you read that right I toured a prospective student and his parents around the university. I was already planning to be induced on the 11th of December. But I was working until the day he was born. And if that meant giving a campus tour then that is what I was doing. You should have seen the look on this families face when they asked when I was due and I told them I was having the baby tomorrow. It was PRICELESS!!

Luckily the school I worked for then is not quite as big as the one I work for now. I did start to have contractions that night. We ate Quiznos where I had a kids meal with a ham and cheese sandwich. Ended up going to the hospital and spending the night, was hooked up to the IV but not given an epidural until our actual inducement time of 7am and Logan was born on December 11, 2002 at 12:49am weighing 8lbs 6oz and was 22 1/4 inches long. He was gigantic!

Like I said he still is. He wears size 10 clothes is around 48 inches tall and is 70lbs... Many mistake him for an 8 year old. His is smart as a whip and can read, write and carry on the most brilliant of conversations...

The years have flown by yet it still seems like just yesterday when I was giving that campus tour...


Logan 9 days before he was born!


Logan on his birthday 12-11-02!


Logan and his lost tooth at almost 6 years old on 10-31-08!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Oh my gosh you were HUGE and you gave a campus tour!?! You're insane!

Happy birthday to the birthday boy :)

Cate said...

Happy birthday big guy!