Wednesday, February 11, 2015

An Open Letter to My Brother

An Open Letter to My Brother:

Thank you.

Two simple words that I don't think I have ever sincerely said to you.

  • Thank you for being my first best friend.  
  • Thank you for pestering me and making me "boss" you around, I feel it made me a better mother.  
  • Thank you for keeping the secrets that only you know about me, as I hold your secrets dear to my heart.  
  • Thank you for protecting me and offering to hurt any guy who did me wrong.  
  • Thank you for loving my spouse like your brother.
  • Thank you for giving your heart and love to my children.  
  • Thank you for supporting me as I searched for employment and continued to keep a brave face while scared to death of our circumstances.
  • Thank you for giving me a sister.  Someone who I feel completes you.
  • Thank you for allowing my kids to experience the love of cousins, one day they will play together again. 
  • Most of all thank you for loving me, all my flaws, insecurities, mothering, and so much more.  I am thankful everyday that I was chosen to be your big sister and you were chosen to be my little brother.
Love,
Me

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good site.