Thursday, June 28, 2007

It is just getting worse...

I talked to both FIL and MIL last night because Travis was working late. FIL revealed much more than I had heard. MIL is still not eating. She is drinking Ensure but less than a can a day. She just has no appetite. The dr has put her on an appetite enhancer and FIL mixed it with her Ensure yesterday and she ate more than she had in weeks! I just hope she will continue to eat.

I asked FIL how things were and his said better today than yesterday. I said what do you mean? He said well I think Grace (MIL) forgot to take her steroid that keeps her brain from swelling and it was a bad day. She was very moody and out of it. He said I am now going to have to monitor that.

I could tell talking to her yesterday that she was still out of it. This is not a good sign at all. When I got off the phone with them I just cried. I feel so helpless.

When Travis got home I told him to call his mom, she was completely out of it when he talked to her and coudn't carry on a conversation. This really devistated him.

Please continue to pray for her and us as I can already feel it going downhill.

0 comments: