Wednesday, June 07, 2006

What a week...

Well, this has been the Freaky Friday of weeks...

I have been at a conference so Travis was home with the boys, I get a call on Monday and my In Laws dog drowned in their pool. That is how I have lost all my childhood dogs, very common when the dog gets old and blind. In the same phone call Travis tells me that his mother is now a casestudy for the unapproved FDA drug, which means they will continue paying for it and she gets to use it!! That is wonderful for us...

Then on Tuesday Travis calls to tell me his sister is pregnant and due in January. My boys will actually have cousins around their age! I thought they would be in elementary school before they had a cousin...

Then last night I get home from the conference and have to go to class, while at class Travis leaves me a voice mail to say his grandma had died. This is Travis' mom's mom. She had been depressed ever since they packed her and his grandpa up and moved them from Arizona to California because his grandpa's alzheimers was getting really bad. She had just lost her motivation. Last week she was in the hospital for stomach pains. Still no clue what was causing them. She was released over the weekend. Yesterday she started having them again and the in home nurse called the ambulance and she died on the way to the hospital.

I had hoped that all the good news about Travis' mom and sister would help to ease her depression, but I guess it didn't.

Please pray for all of them.

0 comments: