Monday, August 20, 2007

Two weeks in ICU...

This is the email I sent this morning to all our Sunday School class.

They are removing Grace's ventilator tonight at 8pm. Please be with Travis, his father, Larry, his sister Christy, brother Grant and Great Aunt Ellen. This was a very hard decision for them to make but I know this is what Grace would have wanted. I know that we all appreciate the continued prayers throughout the months of Grace’s illness and will continue to feel them throughout the healing process of her loss.

This is the email I sent 10 minutes later.

I just got off the phone with Travis and this morning Grace was very responsive when Travis’ dad, sister and Great Aunt went and visited her. She was able to shake her head to answer questions as well as squeeze hands. She said she remembered people talking to her. They have now decided to give her a few more days to see if she makes progress. We are definitely on a roller coaster and all we ask for is prayers!

1 comments:

Melissa said...

I was just looking for an update on Grace (and you, too). Hope all is well.

{{{HUGS}}}