Thursday, February 23, 2006

This just chaps my hide...

Isn't that a Texas saying or what?!?!

So here's the deal. The in-laws are in town again. Which in itself causes me stress. Who knows why? Maybe it is because the first time they ever came to visit 5 years ago after Travis and I married, MIL decided that my aluminum foil was too cheap and I needed name brand and she proceeded to go buy name brand products for my kitchen. HELLO WHO CARES! Ok I digress.

So they arrive last night, Travis took Logan to the airport to get them. I stayed home and put Cole to bed. They arrive and everyone gets settled in. MIL asks Travis, so are the boys going to daycare tomorrow. Travis says he didn't know. MIL says well Cole can go and Logan can stay. Just for information purposes. Travis has today off, so that means there would have been Travis, MIL and FIL at home, yet she wants to go ahead and send Cole to daycare. Whatever.

I then tell her that I have scheduled Saturday to get Cole's 9 month pictures taken, she then says well can't we get Logan's taken too?!?! Ugh we have 1 million pictures of Logan, not that he isn't cute, but this is a package deal that we have until Cole turns 1. Travis tells her that and she seems upset, she says can't we schedule Logan too. We tell her no.

By this time I am getting really upset and after I put Logan to bed I go to my room and go to bed and just keep fuming. Travis comes to bed and he starts this conversation:

You know how I used to tell you that my mom would get jealous when my grandparents had a favorite and it was my cousin. He says my mom is doing that now with Logan. She doesn't want to have anything to do with Cole and I don't know why. He is such a joy. (I am glad he brings this up because I am still fuming about it) We talk and decide she is crazy and we need to show her how wonderful Cole is too. (I know this is bad but I use this time to talk about surrogacy and how I want to give a dad the same feeling he has for his children, he says he is close.)

So here we are to today. In which I am so upset about. Logan stays home. Travis takes Cole to daycare. Travis gets his oil changed and goes home. They all run to the grocery store to buy lunch. Then MIL decides she needs to go shopping. It is 4:00 and she just walked in the door. What!?!?! She tells us to keep Logan out of school today so she can spend it with him and instead goes shopping. I just don't understand. Does anyone get it? Are there not stores in California? You are here to visit your grandchildren!

Travis just called and I a meeting them for dinner, it is MIL's bday, I ask him if he has picked up Cole, he says yes. And then I ask if MIL has paid Cole any attention yet. And he says no, not yet. It just breaks my heart yet pisses me of sooooo bad!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

In-laws will be in-laws.
Keep in mind that there are always those of us who would kill to spend time with Cole. Cole and I haven't had time to bond, but I love him just as much as I love Logan, just because he is Cole.