Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Seriously...

I talked to my mom like 5 times yesterday. She had the day off and decided to go shopping for Christmas. That is great right... Well she says yesterday was your dad and my anniversary. Oh my gosh. I totally forgot. In fact yesterday when I came in to work and put my lunch in the fridge I labeled it with the date of the 18th. Just a few day off right! Ha...

So I apologized for forgetting, she said it was no big deal. Then later in the day she calls and says I am going to be selfish. You need to call your brother and figure out a way the two of you are going to pay for our dinner on Wednesday night or how you are going to pay for your dad's dinner on Friday (it is his birthday). I start to get a little hot around the collar. I just mutter uh huh and we hang up.

I then call Travis to tell him what she just had the audacity to do and I get his voicemail. So fast forward to last night I retell the story to Travis because he didn't check his voicemail (figures). Well he gets super pissed! He says I distinctly remember no one even sending us a card, much less calling or taking us out to eat on our anniversary (in August). Which was true, and in August a few days after our anniversary my mom did call and I asked her what happened, she replies I was busy. Well you know what I am busy and poor and I am not buying your food! Travis said call them and tell them if they don't want to come, they don't have to, since it is all about them.

I have been guilting her anyway because she won't be able to come to Logan's birthday because she has class. (She is taking classes to become a massage therapist on top of teaching elementary school. She will retire from teaching in 5 years and being that she will only be 50 in April, she didn't want to be bored and decided to take on a hobby.)

I don't know I just feel like we can't catch a break, they know how broke we are right now and we bought all this stuff for the Thanksgiving meal so they wouldn't have to bring it when they make their 6 hour drive. I think that should be enough!

In other news... Logan did it again! That makes 3 times pooping in the potty... Man I really hope this is the start of something good!

0 comments: