Wednesday, July 16, 2008

What is the purpose of life?

So this question was posed to me today and I tried to answer the best I could.

But I am a realist, plan and simple and I am going to tell you like it is. Now I am not sure I am actually doing what my true purpose in life is.

1) Because. What is my purpose? I know every humans' purpose is to procreate and make more humans. Well mark that off the list. I have achieved that goal. How well? You decide. There are times I don't think I have done that great of a job. Others I step back and think. Heck I did AWESOME!

2) If this were my purpose would I be writing this? I think if you were truly content in your life you wouldn't be questioning it. I for one know I am not content in any aspect of my life and that stinks. I don't have that happy go lucky life that everyone dreams of. It may look like it from the outside but I am one heck of a faker!

But me being the realist here I am laying it all out for you. If my life had taken a different path, would I have had a different purpose? Would I be doing a different daily deed? Who knows? But really who cares? I can't go back and take a different path, although there are many times I wish I could (I am sure there are many people that wish they could) but this is the reality we have made for ourselves that we must live in everyday. The road we have to take is paved in stone and we may stumble but we have to get up and figure out our purpose. Stupid, crazy and useless and it may feel someone out there sees it as smart, intelligent and helpful (or so I sure hope they do!) Or I am just wasting breath (really my energy typing this long thing!)

1 comments:

Cate said...

Wouldn't it be interesting to see where you life had gone had you made different choices? But, like you said, we can't and that is probably best. I am glad that you have considered my question, though. Perhaps I will answer my own question on my own blog. You should do a pay it forward challenge too, btw.